I start to use Julia. Fast & Useful linear algebra. It is a fresh alternative of Matlab. We can use Intel MKL without Intel Compiler. However, we have to bulid Julia as follows (Julia v0.6 & Ubuntu 16.04).
- Install Intel MKL
- Clone Julia repository of git
- Add Makefile.user in the main julia source directory with the following
override USE_INTEL_MKL=1 override USE_INTEL_LIBM = 0 prefix=/home/hoge/julia
(Note that the final line is install directory)
Add the following to deps/tools/common.mk, for ARPACK.
ifeq ($(USE_INTEL_MKL), 1) ifneq ($(USEIFC),1) USE_BLAS_FFLAGS += -ff2c endif endif
- “make -j4” after “source /opt/intel/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh intel64 ilp64”
- We can check results by make testall
- I saw an error about the following part of cmdlineargs.jl, but it seems no problem.
if !is_windows() && VersionNumber(Base.libllvm_version) > v"3.3" testdir = mktempdir() cd(testdir) do rm(testdir) @test success(`$exename -e "exit(0)"`) end end
- make install